Friday, October 10, 2008

Yippee Ki Yaaaaay

I go in today to sign my new hire paperwork. I start next Wednesday. Banner day, folks, banner day. I shall be leaving the days of sleeping in, playing video games, and, as of lately, being poor, for a return to the corporate world and my own little cubicle.

Believe me, I am actually be looking forward to it after spending the last 3 years playing video games and surfing the internet for a living. I have had three years of practically no other goals that gaining another level on whatever new video game is out there. I had to do it. It was my job. Don't be jealous, though, because that time also included having to deal with drunks, tweakers, and shit on the sidewalk.

I would give up all that freedom for a cubicle just to be away from that town. You have no idea how many smelly people I had to deal with. Who knew that small town America could be that backwards in this day and age? I thought, surely, with the invention of the internet, humanity could make some strides in cohesion. All I found out that racism, religious hypocrisy, and the good ol' boy network are alive and well. Towns are still run by people that don't use computers or email. How is that possible? It's all in who you know, and who you segregate from the rest.

Don't forget, those skateboarders are nasty little thugs who should be harassed and thrown up against walls for daring to ride on public property, even if they haven't been anywhere near you. "THOSE PEOPLE" should not be allowed. "NOT IN MY BACKYARD"!

I will take the cubicles full of people joking around and throwing a nerf ball around over unwashed, toothless people any day of the week. You betcha! *wink*

10 comments:

BeckEye said...

Can I take your old job of lounging around all day?

SkylersDad said...

In honor of you returning to a cube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O_5ef49N5I

Dr Zibbs said...

Good luck

Jon said...

Congrats!

T said...

May your cubicle be blessed with access to the internet; your isles between the cubicles be skateboard friendly; and your drive home full of hit-and-runs of hometown heroes.

sparrow said...

*gasp!*

You said "You betcha!"

Meet me for a beer. Soon (sooner than that)... I have a verrrry special calendar for you.

It's chock full of things like this.

Buahahahahahaha! By golly!

Dale said...

I'm so effing happy that you're happy! Go out and buy a barrel of Purell and off you go!! Congrats.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Oh hey! Congrats! It must be such a load off to not have to worry about it anymore and get on with the business of living. Good for you!

Leonesse said...

beckeye: never lounging, always dealing with nasty people keeps you on your toes.

Skylarspappy: thank you for that. damn funny.

dr Z: Why, thank you!

jon: Your advice was very helpful. Thank you!

t: May your fairways be blessed, your holes be in one; and your drive be true! Oh, and beers aplenty! Thanks.

pixiedust: We shall have a beer and swap lovely elder stories. I have been there.

dale: KNOCK ON WOOD! I think it is because I contacted Palin's witchdoctor. He told me what to do.

Lunchlady: That is exactly how it is. Pinch me. Oh, wait. KNOCK WOOD!

WendyB said...

So in your old job, we were sorta officemates but didn't know it.