Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bird Flu

Continuing my saga of Not Having Anything to Write About, I am on to Falwless' next topic: Bird Flu.

According to the CDC:
Infected birds shed influenza virus in their saliva, nasal secretions, and feces. Susceptible birds become infected when they have contact with contaminated secretions or excretions or with surfaces that are contaminated with secretions or excretions from infected birds.

I was sitting here, wondering how in the hell an everyday human (sans Poultry Growers, Inner Chinese Market Ladies, etc) could possibly come into contact with bird saliva. Then I remembered this:




Should I be concerned?

7 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

That is creepy

BeckEye said...

Well, that's what you get for drinking Coors Light.

Moderator said...

That bird is looking mighty good about now. But perhaps it's the beer goggles.

SkylersDad said...

I wish I could do something for you to help you out of your funk. All of the nice blogger folks out here helped me, maybe I can ship you beer!!

Drop you address over at my place and I will send you one of our wonderful microbrews we have around here,

Chris the Hippie said...

Ha! Now THAT'S funny!

Leonesse said...

Dr. Z- She would follow me around and peck at the can if I didn't give her any. Yes, my chicken was a Beer Lover too.

Beckeye- Yes, I still do on occasion.

Grant- I hear she puts out.

SkyPap- If you could ship me a job working at a microbrewery I would completely recover.

Chris- She seriously loved beer.

T said...

I see one of my roof birds made it out your way. Please send him back. I don't know what to do with all this left-over beer.